Monday, July 14, 2008

~Fence'in em In~

Hey all!! Did you think I got lost in the Black Hills of SD? No, I have been safe at home in Kansas. So sorry for not updating my blog. Kevin has been home ever since we got back from vacation. I think it has been the longest time we have been together as a family since we moved here. So needless to say I have been spending all my time with the kids and him. It has been so nice. We have been really busy. The first weekend after we got home we bought a 2007 Ford Escape. His car had over 100,000 miles on it and we were afraid it was going to lose the engine again. We didn't want to do that again so we traded it in for the Escape. He drives my Jetta and I drive the new one. It is so cute. It's red!! I love it!! Aundrea loves the horse power. Don't ask me where she got that, we did not put her up to it. The things that come out of her mouth, she cracks me up!! The next weekend was the 4th. I think? Anyway, my parents came in to spend the weekend with us. Kevin surprised me by flying my sister in too. I was so surprised. I did not see it coming. We had a great weekend. On the 4th we had a cookout with friends and family. The perfect way to spend the 4th. Sorry not pics. I took most of the shots with my dad's camera and forgot to put them on cd before he left. Below you will see what we did this weekend. We built a fence so we can let the little munchcins run a muck and to keep other dogs from using our yard as their bathroom.
Saturday it rained more than half the day. So we did not get started till early evening. The method Kevin was using was not working. We were hitting to many rocks in the ground. I won't go into much detail because I don't know what the thing'es are called. Anyway, he had to end up digging the holes and using cement to put the post in. We were up to 12 am Sat. night doing this.

Then Sunday we finished. 8 post, 16 horizontal supports, 1 gate kit and 138 pickets later we were done. Thank you!!! Yes, he still has to cut off the tops of the post, but that will have to wait till he comes home from CA. Yes, he is out of town this week. So, I will be able to update my blog more often. I still have to post pics of our vacation and some random ones of the girls. So, thanks for checking in and being patient with me. I'm off to watch a movie.

3 comments:

Carly said...

glad you are back! it sounds like you have been very busy. the fence looks nice...

Anonymous said...

good! i've missed ya...well, i am one to talk, hahaha. the fence is awesome. ....lizz

emily anderson said...

welcome back!