Friday, November 30, 2007

Thanksgiving update

Maddie, Aundrea and Luke trying to sleep...
Carrie climbed in the tent to the kids would go to sleep. I just think she wanted to sleep in there.

Sorry for not posting in 2 weeks. These past 2 weeks have been crazy. I totally intended to post over Thanksgiving vaca but things did not turn out as planned. Kevin and I celebrated our 13th year anniversary on Mon. Nov. 19. WOW! It seems like it was yesterday that we got married. I have heard people say they love their spouses more today than the day they married and I thought that's crazy, but that is how I feel. My love for him grows more and more every day. He took me out to dinner and then we stayed in a hotel for the night. The kids stayed at his mom's. Thank God for family. Then on Tuesday evening I started chilling and aching all over. I was coming down with a cold. So the next 2 days I spent on the couch. So, instead of spending Thanksgiving together with our families we spent it spread all over Huntington, WV. Aundrea and Kevin were at his mom's house. He hunted and Aundrea played with her cousin, Paige. Cassie spent Thanksgiving day and night at Kevin's Dad's house and I was at my Mom's. Kevin's Mom had turkey at noon and my Mom had turkey at dinner time. So, my sister and I picked up Aundrea so I could have one of my daughters eat with me. She could not understand why she had to eat with me. She said "Why do I have to do Thanksgiving again? I already had Thanksgiving." She had also planned to have a bubble bath with Paige in her Maw Maw's huge garden tube. They always add bubbles and turn on the jets and have bubbles up to the celling. (so to speak) I told her that we would take her back to have her bath and spend the night. All through dinner she kept saying " I'm going to be late for my bubble bath. Do you thing she will start without me?" Oh, the important things. Again, thank God for family. Because the girls were visiting their Grandparents, I was able to rest up enough to go shopping with my sister on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Yes, we are crazy, but we love to go. We really don't go for all the deals, but if we get them GREAT. We just go for the atmosphere. We expect the crowds and lines and go with the flow. That evening Michelle, my sister, and I went to see the new Disney movie Enchanted. We loved it. I love anything Disney. This movie was so funny. If Kevin would agree with me I would vaca at Disney World every year. Ok, Sat. we leave for Evansville to stop at Carrie's house to pick up my bag that I forgot. Kevin thinks I forgot it on purpose so we could visit with them. He wanted to drive on through to Kansas because we had 2 coolers full of deer meat and he did not want it to spoil. Lucky we got it frozen before we left and it was in the low 40's so there was not chance of it spoiling. The kids had a blast playing together. Carri pulled out their shark tent for them to sleep in. Not much sleeping went on until Carri climbed in. See above pics. I was so good to see them again. Ok, so now we are home and I don't think I have stopped running. Kevin had to fly out to Ohio for work on Wed and will not be back till Sunday. It feels like forever that we have seen him. The girls miss him terribly. Cassie was even banging on the garage door yelling for him. It just broke my heart. I did not realize that she was missing him. She is such a Daddy's girl.
I have almost got my Christmas shopping done for the girls. I have been going out when Aundrea goes to school. I just want to be done so I can enjoy the holidays. I feel like I'm going to run out of time and there is so much to do. I have not even started making my Christmas cards. Ok, it is getting late. It has taken my hours to type this because of my other responsibilities. It is time for me to sign off. Sorry for a long post. I just wanted to get you updated. Thanks for looking. Have a good weekend.

No comments: